By J. Daams, A. Sonnenberg, T. Sakakura, J. Hilgers (auth.), Daniel Medina, William Kidwell, Gloria Heppner, Elizabeth Anderson (eds.)
Read Online or Download Cellular and Molecular Biology of Mammary Cancer PDF
Best biology books
In 1928, it was once found that copper used to be crucial for regular human metabolism. Ten years later, 1938, it used to be saw that sufferers with rheumatoid arthritis had the next than common serum copper focus, which lower back to general wi th remission of this ailment. 13 years later, it was once came across that copper complexes have been potent in treating arthritic illnesses.
The facility of neoplastic cells to outlive publicity to numerous chemotherapeutic medicinal drugs represents the most predicament to winning melanoma chemotherapy. This e-book offers with a selected kind of resistance in tumor cells that represents a unmarried yet particularly vital element of the multifaceted challenge of melanoma drug resistance.
Because the discovery of HIV-l because the etiologic agent of got immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS) within the early Nineteen Eighties, awesome development has been made in either the fundamental realizing of the organic methods resulting in AIDS and an speeded up attempt find new remedies. As is frequently the case in swiftly advancing fields, lots of the medical discussions are top dealt with in really good teams.
- Biology of Plant Litter Decomposition. Volume 1
- Biology of the Insect Midgut
- Fresh Milk: The Secret Life of Breasts
- Plant Fungal Pathogens: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology Vol 835)
- A Synopsis of Cancer. Genesis and Biology
- Membrane Transport in Biology
Extra info for Cellular and Molecular Biology of Mammary Cancer
24. 25. Ahmend, A. Atlas of the Ultrastructure of Human Breast Diseases. Edinburg, Churchill Livingstone, 1978. , and Ruoslahti, E. Cancer Res. 41: 5076-5081, 1981. , and Armstrong, B. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 81: 1203-1207, 1984. R. L. ), Lactation: A Comprehensive Treatise, Vol. 5, pp. 3-37, 1974. L. J. Natl. Cancer Inst. 42: 347-362, 1969. G. Problems in Breast Pathology. B. , Philadelphia, 1979. G. J. Pathol. 137: 13-23, 1982. S. Europ. J. Biochem. 129: 336-341, 1982. S. Biochem. Biophys.
Cell. Bio1. 73: 561-577, 1977. J. Cancer Res. 43: 3305-3309, 1983. , and Jimenez de Asua, L. Biochim. Biophys. Acta. 560: 91-133, 1979. , and Jimenez de Asua, L. Brit. J. Cancer 39: 464-465, 1979. J. J. Nat1. Cancer Inst. 70: 949-958, 1983. J. Dev. , in press. 119. 120. 121. 122. 123. 124. 125. 126. 127. 128. 129. 130. 131. 132. 133. 134. 135. 136. 137. 138. 139. 140. 141. 142. 143. 144. 145. 146. 147. 148. 149. A. J. Nat1. Cancer Inst. 68: 799-811, 1982. , and Russo, J. J. Nat1. Cancer Inst. 61: 1439-1449, 1978.
Moreover, the variant of Rama 25, Rama 259 which fails to complete the later stages of the droplet cell-alveolar-like pathway (94) also fails to reduce its DNA synthetic rate and tumor-formingability under the same conditions. Thus the effect of mammatrophic hormones, pregnancy (23,77), and agents such as vitamin A and the retinoids (132) in protecting the rat mammary gland from carcinogenic insult may be due to their ability to induce differentiation. This ability may be exerted either at an early stage (73) converting normal stem/cap cells in TEBs (122) to less susceptible, slower-growing differentiated cells (96,121), or at a later stage in the carcinogenic process (140) converting tumor stem cells (16,11B) to differentiated cells having lower tumorigenic potential.