By Thomas G. Pickering MD, Dphil (auth.), William B. White MD (eds.)
In this newly up-to-date moment version of Blood strain tracking in Cardiovascular medication and Therapeutics, William B. White, MD, and a panel of hugely uncommon clinicians provide a serious evaluate of each point of the review of hypertension. This comprises domestic and ambulatory blood strain tracking, the connection among whole-day blood strain and the heart problems technique, and the results of antihypertensive cures on those blood strain parameters. World-class participants describe the numerous advances in our knowing of the circadian pathophysiology of cardiovascular problems and reveal that ambulatory blood strain values are autonomous predictors of cardiovascular morbidity and mortality. This ebook presents a accomplished up to date source of this dynamic box in high blood pressure and vascular disease.
Read or Download Blood Pressure Monitoring in Cardiovascular Medicine and Therapeutics PDF
Best cardiovascular books
(BMJ Books) UCL Hospitals, London, united kingdom. greater than a hundred questions are replied through top cardiologists. functional consultant to administration of advanced occasions. For practitioners and citizens. Softcover.
Cardiovascular Biomaterials provides present study mate- rial constructed by way of individuals from universities und profes- sional laboratories within the UK,USA, Canada, and Germany, each one recognized for his or her skills during this box. The ebook starts with an advent to the paintings of constructing a brand new man made artery, and proceeds throughout the themes of the issues and advancements in center valve replacements, vehicle- diac support units, mechanical homes of arteries and arterial grafts, biostability of vascular prostheses, blood compatibility in cardiopulmonary pass, collagenin aerobic- vascular tissues and the pacemaker procedure.
During this newly up-to-date moment version of Blood strain tracking in Cardiovascular drugs and Therapeutics, William B. White, MD, and a panel of hugely unusual clinicians provide a serious assessment of each point of the assessment of hypertension. This contains domestic and ambulatory blood strain tracking, the connection among whole-day blood strain and the heart problems method, and the consequences of antihypertensive cures on those blood strain parameters.
- Congenital Heart Disease - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
- Cardiovascular Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy
- Diagnóstico Clínico Cardiovascular Por Imagen. Complemento al Tratado de cardiología de Braunwald
- Cardiac Mechano-Electric Coupling and Arrhythmias
Extra info for Blood Pressure Monitoring in Cardiovascular Medicine and Therapeutics
Cellina GU, Honour AJ, Littler WA. Direct arterial pressure, heart rate, and electrocardiogram during cigarette smoking in unrestricted patients. Am Heart J 1975; 89(1):18–25. 32. Freestone S, Ramsay LE. Effect of coffee and cigarette smoking on the blood pressure of untreated and diuretic-treated hypertensive patients. Am J Med 1982;73(3):348–353. 33. Hozawa A, Ohkubo T, Nagai K, et al. Factors affecting the difference between screening and home blood pressure measurements: the Ohasama Study. J Hypertens 2001;19(1):13–19.
28. Robertson D, Frolich JC, Carr RK. Effects of caffeine on plasma renin activity, catecholamines and blood pressure. NEJM 1978;298:181–186. 29. Izzo JLJ, Ghosal A, Kwong T, Freeman RB, Jaenike JR. Age and prior caffeine use alter the cardiovascular and adrenomedullary responses to oral caffeine. Am J Cardiol 1983;52(7):769–773. 30. Pincomb GA, Lovallo WR, Passey RB, Wilson MF. Effect of behavior state on caffeine’s ability to alter blood pressure. Am J Cardiol 1988;61:798–802. 34 Part I / Out-of-Office Blood Pressure Monitoring 31.
14. Weisser B, Grune S, Burger R, et al. The Dubendorf Study: a population-based investigation on normal values of blood pressure self-measurement. J Hum Hypertens 1994;8(4):227–231. 15. Imai Y, Satoh H, Nagai K, et al. Characteristics of a community-based distribution of home blood pressure in Ohasama in northern Japan. J Hypertens 1993; 11:1441–1449. 16. Staessen JA, Fagard R, Lijnen P, et al. Ambulatory blood pressure and blood pressure measured at home: progress report on a population study.