By K.R. Padiyar
4. 2 research of induction generator influence: frequency scanning strategy eighty three four. three research of torsional interaction(TI) 87 four. four country equations and eigenvalue research ninety six four. five An set of rules for computing torsional modes 108 four. 6 Countermeasures for SSR III four. 7 Torsional oscillations in parallel hooked up turbine turbines a hundred and twenty 121 five. INTERACTIONS WITH energy method STABILIZER five. 1 advent 121 five. 2 uncomplicated notion within the program of PSS 122 five. three layout of PSS 126 five. four Torsional interplay with PSS a hundred thirty five. five A case learn 132 6. INTERACTIONS WITH HVDC CONVERTER keep watch over 137 6. 1 creation 137 6. 2 HVDC converters and keep watch over 138 6. three Modelling of HVDC method for learn of torsional interactions 147 6. four research of torsional interactions -A simplified technique 153 6. five A case learn 156 6. 6 A simplified damping torque research 161 6. 7 keep watch over of torsional interplay 167 7. INTERACTIONS WITH SHUNT COMPENSATORS 169 7. 1 advent 169 7. 2 Static Var Compensator 171 7 . three Torsional Interactions with SVC 186 7. four Static Condenser(STATCON) 189 7. five Torsional interactions with STATCON 196 7. 6 A simplified research of torsional interplay with voltage controller 2 hundred eight. INTERACTIONS WITH sequence COMPENSATORS 205 eight. 1 creation 205 eight. 2 Thyristor managed sequence Compensator 206 eight. three Modelling of TCSC for SSR reviews 216 eight. four Mitigation of SSR with TCSC 223 eight. five Static Synchronous sequence Compensator (SSSC) 229 8.
Read or Download Analysis of Subsynchronous Resonance in Power Systems PDF
Similar electric books
The current publication addresses a variety of strength approach making plans matters for execs in addition to senior point and postgraduate scholars. Its emphasis is on long term concerns, even if a lot of the information can be utilized for brief and mid-term situations, with a few transformations. Back-up fabrics are supplied in twelve appendices of the ebook.
Bridging the distance among ideas derived from moment legislations of Thermodynamics and their software to Engineering perform, the valuables exergy and the exergy stability could be a device for interpreting and bettering the functionality of strength conversion procedures. With the exergy research it truly is attainable to judge the functionality of strength conversion methods not just on a thermodynamics foundation but additionally by means of together with construction charges and environmental elements and affects of the studied procedures.
Continual Electronics fundamentals: working rules, layout, formulation, and functions offers basic wisdom for the research and layout of contemporary strength digital units. This concise and common source: Explains the elemental options and most crucial phrases of strength electronics Describes the ability assemblies, regulate, and passive parts of semiconductor strength switches Covers the regulate of energy digital units, from mathematical modeling to the research of techniques Addresses pulse-width modulation, energy quality controls, and multilevel, modular, and multicell energy converter topologies Discusses line-commutated and resonant converters, in addition to inverters and AC converters in line with thoroughly controllable switches Explores state-of-the-art purposes of energy electronics, together with renewable strength construction and garage, gasoline cells, and electrical drives chronic Electronics fundamentals: working rules, layout, formulation, and functions offers graduate scholars, execs, researchers, and teachers with an effective figuring out of the underlying conception, whereas providing an outline of the newest achievements and improvement customers within the strength electronics undefined.
The advance of renewable resources for electricity has turn into a mainstream concentration within the box of electric engineering. This booklet can be utilized through either engineers and researchers operating to increase new electric structures and examine latest ones. also, it could possibly function a consultant for undergraduate and graduate scholars in the course of their research of electric fields.
- Transformers and Inductors for Power Electronics Theory, Design and Applications
- Electric Power Plant Design
- Integrated Power Electronic Converters and Digital Control (Power Electronics and Applications Series)
- Transformer Design Principles: With Applications to Core-Form Power Transformers, Second Edition
- Electric rectifiers and valves
Additional resources for Analysis of Subsynchronous Resonance in Power Systems
1 MODelLING OF TURBINE GENERATOR MECHANICAL SYSTEM General The rotor of a Turbine Generator (T-G) unit is a complex mechanical system made up of several rotors of different sizes, each with mechanical shaft sections and couplings. Turbine sections contain a number of discs which may be integral or attached to the rotor. The length of the rotor system may extend over 50 m and weigh several hundred tons. The system also has a number of smaller components including turbine blades, rotor coils, retaining rings, blowers and pumps.
As mentioned before, the revised convention is adopted here. 4 ANALYSIS OF SUBSYNCHRONOUS RESONANCE IN POWER SYSTEMS PER UNIT QUANTITIES It is common to express voltages, currents and impedances in per unit by choosing appropriate base quantities. The advantages of an appropriate per unit system are 1. The numerical values of currents and voltages are related to their rated values irrespective of the size of the machine. 2. The per unit impedances on the machine base lie in a narrow range for a class of machines of similar design.
_ d~. )i. lr = v. 8) where v; [ Rs [ Ra 1= ~ [ Rr 1 0 = [-vJ 0 0 0) 0 ~a ~a [f 0 Rh 0 0 0 0 Rg 0 0 0 0 Rk 1 [U3 ) is a unit matrix of dimension 3 Note: Generator convention is used in expressing the voltage equations. The currents are assumed to be leaving the coil at the terminals and the terminal voltages are assumed to be voltage drops in the direction of the currents. This is contrary to the motor convention (see Fig. 2) Because ofthe generator convention, the sign associated with vJ is negative (to sustain a field current in steady state).