By Karen E. Kim
Prime specialists within the fields of gastroenterology, surgical procedure, and radiology comprehensively assessment the pathophysiology, prognosis, administration, and remedy of acute bleeding problems of the GI tract. The authors holiday down acute bleeding into top and decrease GI tract resources and supply a differential prognosis for every illness, evidence-based algorithms for medical perform, therapy modalities for its administration, and criteria of care. The authors define the various dilemmas confronted by means of physicians of their method of their sufferers, similar to localization of the bleeding resource (upper vs lower), the necessity and timing for emergency endoscopy, and the timing for radiologic intervention and/or surgical procedure.
Read Online or Download Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Diagnosis and Treatment (Clinical Gastroenterology) PDF
Best digestive organs books
Univ. of Chicago Hospitals, IL. bargains a accomplished, updated evaluate of acute gastrointestinal bleeding. contains a scientific survey of acute GI bleeding, the radiologic method of administration, algorithms, and an emphasis on sufferer administration. Hardcover, publication now not but to be had. DNLM: Gastrointestinal Hemorrhage--diagnosis.
It is a 3-in-1 reference booklet. It supplies an entire scientific dictionary protecting thousands of phrases and expressions in terms of gallbladder affliction. It additionally provides wide lists of bibliographic citations. eventually, it presents details to clients on the right way to replace their wisdom utilizing quite a few web assets.
Obra perteneciente a los angeles innovadora serie 'Requisitos en Gastroenterología', que aborda de una manera muy concisa pero completa los conocimientos esenciales en gastroenterología y hepatología: fisiopatología, diagnóstico, diagnóstico diferencial y manejo y tratamiento basado en l. a. evidencia de los distintos trastornos gastrointestinales, hepáticos y pancreáticos.
Cytochromes are proteins that catalyze electron move reactions of famous metabolic pathways and are labeled in numerous superfamilies. The CYP, or P450, superfamily debts for ninety% of the oxidative metabolism of medical medicines. One member of this superfamily, P450 2D6 (or CYP2D6), singlehandedly metabolizes approximately 25% of all drugs within the human liver.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease: A Point of Care Clinical Guide
- Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease Review and Assessment
- Mayo Clinic Internal Medicine Concise Textbook
- Gastrointestinal Microbiology
- Harrison's Gastroenterology and Hepatology, 2e
- Constipation - A Medical Dictionary, Bibliography, and Annotated Research Guide to Internet References
Additional resources for Acute Gastrointestinal Bleeding: Diagnosis and Treatment (Clinical Gastroenterology)
Featherstone RJ, Camero LG, Khatib R, Shower D, Mungara P. Massive esophageal bleeding in achalasia complicated by cytomegalovirus esophagitis. Ann Thorac Surg 1995; 59: 1021–1022. 54. Schechter M, Pannain VL, de Oliveira AV. Papovavirus-associated esophageal ulceration in a patient with AIDS. AIDS 1991; 5: 238. 55. Smith PD, Eisner MS, Manischewitz JF, Gill VJ, Masur H, Fox CF. Esophageal disease in AIDS is associated with pathologic processes rather than mucosal human immunodeficiency virus type 1.
92. Pasricha PJ, Hill S, Wadwa KS, et al. Endoscopic cryotherapy: experimental results and first clinical use. Gastrointest Endosc 1999; 49: 627–631. 93. Anireddy D, Timberlake G, Seibert D. Dieulafoy’s lesion of the esophagus. Gastrointest Endosc 1993; 39: 604. 94. Scheider DM, Barthel JS, King PD, Beale GD. Dieulafoy-like lesion of the distal esophagus. Am J Gastroenterol 1994; 89: 2080–2081. Chapter 2 / Nonvariceal Bleeding 33 95. Jaspersen D, Komer T, Schorr W, Brennenstuhl M, Hammar CH. Extragastric Dieulafoy’s disease as unusual source of intestinal bleeding.
Biopsies should be taken for both histologic examination and culture, as this increases the diagnostic yield (45,46). Although immunostaining is also available, its diagnostic yield may not exceed that of histology and culture combined (46). Oral or parenteral acyclovir is the first-line agent used in treatment of HSV esophagitis. In a review of 23 cases of HSV esophagitis, 30% were associated with acute upper GI bleeding (45). There are no reports of specific endoscopic or radiographic treatments for bleeding HSV esophagitis.