By Ross Mouer, Hirosuke Kawanishi
This complete, introductory evaluate of the "world of labor" in Japan remembers post-war Japan to research the improvement of business relatives and the japanese type of administration. It considers the alterations that happened within the early nineties whilst disillusionment set in and unemployment and financial lack of confidence grew to become evidence of existence. The authors problem the preeminence of eastern administration practices that have ruled the literature over the past 3 many years.
Read Online or Download A Sociology of Work in Japan (Contemporary Japanese Society) PDF
Similar cultural books
In reading the adjustments that experience taken position within the mystery cosmological lore transmitted in male initiation ceremonies one of the Mountain okay of internal New Guinea, this ebook deals a brand new manner of explaining how cultural switch happens. Professor Barth specializes in accounting for the neighborhood adaptations in cosmological traditions that exist one of the okay humans, who another way percentage principally comparable cultures.
How the pc revolution can ease polarization and support calm the tradition wars.
Up formerly, mountain ecosystems haven't been heavily reviews through social scientists as they don't provide a quite simply outlined set of difficulties for human exploitation as, do for example, tropical forests or arctic habitats. however the archaeological facts had proven that people were dwelling during this kind of habitat for millions of 12 months.
The Cultural paintings of the overdue Nineteenth-Century Hostess explores the impact well-placed, vigorous ladies had on literary and political tradition within the U. S. and in England within the years 1870-1920. Fields, an American, used to be first married to James T. Fields, a widespread Boston writer; after his dying she grew to become better half to Sarah Orne Jewett, one of many most well known New England writers.
- Nanoscience and Cultural Heritage
- Far from the Church Bells: Settlement and Society in an Apulian Town
- Textile Economies: Power and Value from the Local to the Transnational
- The Neo-primitivist Turn: Critical Reflections on Alterity, Culture, and Modernity
Additional info for A Sociology of Work in Japan (Contemporary Japanese Society)
The world of work has generated debate among Japanese academics and other intellectuals over the past hundred years. One concern has been with understanding how new technologies alter organizational requirements and power relations in ways that fundamentally influence work culture and practices, the social stratification matrix, and the lines of cleavage that fragment or segment the labor force and the larger society. Another focus has been the mobilization and melding of the labor force to achieve the aims of the state.
4) How much variation is there in the environments in which Japanese workers find themselves? (5) In what meso-level context are workways practiced in Japan, and how does the Japanese context differ from those found elsewhere in other similarly advanced economies? (6) How are certain interests served by the competing perspectives on the above questions? (7) What forces exist to change the way work is presently conducted in Japan? While no chapter will deal with all of these questions, it is the authors’ earnest desire that the volume as a whole will assist readers in formulating their own answers to the questions listed above.
Many writers suggest that the new advances in information technology now drive a new kind of industrial revolution. Less prominently noted is the fact that these changes in the economy’s technological base are requiring new levels of capital accumulation for another takeoff and for the sustained growth that is meant to follow. Accordingly, for the foreseeable future, work organization is likely to be characterized by the ongoing change needed to sustain a process of capital formation and accumulation.